double rainbow

double rainbow

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Millions


A few months ago I randomly told the girls that I loved them a million Swedish fish and expressing our love in millions immediately became a nightly routine I have come to cherish a million times over. At first our millions were fairly silly and sweet with each girl trying to out do the other. We’ve loved each other a million cupcakes with sprinkles, Reese's peanutbutter cups, jelly beans, wishing stars, rainbows with a pot of gold at the end, magical wands, grand slam home runs, trips to the moon and back,…you get the idea.

Caroline is keeping it light and fun. Recently, she loved me a million smelly socks. Lately though, Loretta has begun to take our millions very seriously. First of all, she decided they should be private. John and I whisper our millions into each girl’s ear and they whisper ours back. If a million is overheard, well we have to come up with a new one. Also, repeated millions are frowned upon – creativity is required.

Loretta has begun to use her millions to let us know just how much she loves us for who we are to her.  Lately, she has loved me “a million beautiful blue eyes, just like yours.” And “a million pretty mommy smiles”. I don’t know what she says to her daddy, it’s private after all, but based on his response I have a feeling they are just as thoughtful.

After her long birthday weekend I knew she had an amazing time because her million told me so, “Mommy, I love you a million great birthdays like today, but they’re yours.”

1 comment:

Carol said...

This is awesome. She is one thoughtful little girl. If I could have just one wish, it would be a million days with my sweet grandchildren.