double rainbow

double rainbow

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Potential of Love

borrowed from panathinaeos.wordpress.com

I will never miss the days when I was so ready to get married and start a family with someone I loved and of course someone who would love me back, beyond all reason.  Those were tough days of wishing and hoping and doubting if it will ever happen.  And when I did find the person I thought was "the one" there was that lag time between when I knew he was the one, but he wasn't moving as fast as I wanted to.  Wondering if I'd made a mistake, if the time we'd spent together was, while wonderful, time lost to finding the right someone I would share the rest of my life with.  Afraid I'd been barking up the wrong tree, and I realize in that metaphor I'm the impatiently barking dog and John's the stubborn unmoving tree, but if the shoe fits....


I wouldn't change where my life has brought me for anything.  But, there is a small part of me that will miss never again experiencing that first, maybe, real potential here, exciting and nervous and anxious and heart stuttering first moments of falling in love.

No comments: