double rainbow

double rainbow

Friday, June 14, 2013

Mom's 70th Birthday!

John suggested I surprise my mom for her 70th birthday by flying down.  I even posted as if I was on the train to Boston the morning off to throw her off.  Dad picked me up in Memphis and I bought her 2 dozen roses.  She was definitely surprised since it was nearly 11:00 when I got there and she was still in her nightgown :)

 

Didn't realize how appropriate the book title was until a friend mentioned it later.


Jordan had been visiting for a couple of weeks and Trish, Chris and their friend Katie surprised mom too.

 
We celebrated at a Mexican restaurant where Paul tried to have a pie thrown in Jordan's face but we circumvented him and dad had them throw it in his face.

 

So much laughter and fun was had by all.  I won't tell you what kind of face mom made, but I want it to be remembered for all times that I did not share the pictures to social media even though many tried to persuade me to.

 

OMG, my little man is fully grown and has the deepest voice.  He's also pure trouble (but in a good way).

 


Paul's birthday was the next day.  He turned exactly half of mom's age.

 

Mustach Mom.

 



Happy Birthday Mom, you are one special lady who gives her whole heart and soul to her family.  You are also well loved.  Wish we could have thrown you the biggest bash ever.  The kids can't wait to see you at the beach and to throw Grandpa in the water. 

No comments: