double rainbow

double rainbow

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Holliston 5k



We had a gorgeous day for our annual Holliston 5k road race benefiting Children's Hospital of Boston. It’s a great event for a great cause created by Barry Kriegsman, a former patient of Children’s Hospital Boston. This particular event is special in our hearts b/c it always falls near the date that Meaghan’s niece Brianna past away in 2005 and it’s a way of honoring her memory. I sent our registration info out early (in hopes of getting a t-shirt). Well, John and I ended up being number 1 and 2! We didn't feel up to the task! People kept asking us what we had done to get those numbers, ummm, just anxious to pay I guess!
John pushed Loretta and did really well, finishing fifth in his division in just 24:37! My time, on the other hand, was nothing to be proud of, but I ran the entire race without stopping so I'll take it. Plus, I'm requesting there be a division added for Mom's who have had a baby within the last 12 months and is pushing said child the entire race...As far as I could tell, John and I were the only runners pushing children so it was truly a family affair.

This year they added a 1 mile kid’s race and Loretta participated! She was the youngest (by quite a bit) but she hung tough and finished strong! We're very proud of her.


No comments: