double rainbow

double rainbow

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Sam!





Our little man is 2 years old. TWO YEARS OLD! It’s so wonderful to watch him grow into this big boy with his own personality and sense of humor shining through. Sam has a way about him that is so endearing and there are so many things I love about him and this stage he is at. So, please forgive me and allow me this totally selfish mommy moment to list out a few of the many things I love about our little guy:


1) I love how, when I get him out of his crib in the morning, he squeezes his little arms around my neck and says “mommy!” and then lets out a huge sigh…and then yells “Breakfast!”

2) I love how he roars at total strangers with a huge grin on his face

3) I love how he calls out “motorcycle!” every single time we pass one on the street and how he says “motorcycle” and “cracker” exactly the same way

4) I love that he pushes the pretend baby stroller around the house, but not with a baby inside, with cars and trucks in the little seat

5) I love how he insists on trying and doing everything his big sisters can do – zero fear

6) I love that he sings with us, whatever we are singing, from “Dream a little Dream”, to “Mean” to “Price Tag”

7) I love that he’ll still sleep in my arms occasionally

8) I love that he doesn't laugh so much as he chuckles deep in his belly

9) I love that he wants me to kiss his boo boos

10) I love how his face lights up when someone he loves comes into the room and, as far as I can tell, he has yet to meet someone he doesn’t love instantly

The kids call him Bam Bam or Bammers, sometimes just Bam, and it’s such a perfect fit for him. The kid is all about running and jumping and crashing and destroying. He is all boy, through and through and I must be completely charmed by him because this weekend I was helping him put back on his shoe he’d kicked off for the 10th time and I took one look at his filthy, yard worn foot and was still tempted to kiss it!

Happy Birthday Sam!  We love you like crazy!

No comments: