double rainbow

double rainbow

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First Days


I know in this picture with my big brother I look pretty sour.  I was jealous because Chris was heading off to his first day of school and he was getting all of the attention, but oh how I loved the first day of school each year when it was finally my turn.  Seeing old friends and meeting new.  Wondering who I would be sitting next to and where my locker would be.  Everything was brand new and shinny with outrageous potential.  Anything is possible with freshly sharpened #2 pencils and pristine folders in every color of the rainbow.  Your cool factor could substantially increase or decrease based on your choice of backpack and brand of jeans. 

I love seeing my girls getting excited over their classrooms, friends and teachers.  New beginnings can be scary, if you let them, but I'm so glad Loretta and Caroline choose to think of it as a great adventure.

Happy first days girls!

No comments: