double rainbow

double rainbow

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Still Rugged :)

What can one second mean?

Well, we had another great Rugged Maniac and wonderful visit from Mom, Dad and Paul.  The course was definitely harder this year and it was cold, especially when wet, which was pretty much all the time, but freezing when submerged.  Becky ran with me, but certainly could have left me behind b/c I struggled more this year.  Dad did AWESOME!  John wasn't quite as fast as last year, but let's face it, last year his time was ridiculously fantastic. 

Dad:  46:54.1
John:  37:52.9  last year: 36.20
Becky:  51:11.5  last year:  52.10
Me:  51:11.6  last year:  52.09

We loved spending time with the family. Mom tried to teach Loretta to sew and fixed their puffy skirts for the 2nd time (or third?).  Paul got Sam a Knight costume for King Richard's Fair (but we got rained out).  John and I had to work more than we would have liked, but I did get a Daddy Daughter day of my own when Dad and I went to a Red Sox game.  Paul got a wicked cool tattoo by the same artist who did my last one and it was just so nice to be able to catch up with mom and talk about books and laugh at the kids.  I try very hard to keep them informed of all the kids do and see with pictures and videos, skype and Facebook, but nothing compares to real life. 



















 




 


No comments: