double rainbow

double rainbow

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Happy 8th Birthday Loretta!


There are times when I look at Loretta and I'm amazed to see how much she has grown over the last year, both physically and emotionally.  She'll walk up to me and lay her head down on my shoulder, because she's tall enough too, or I'll find her wearing my shoes (which fit) and I'm stunned.  And yet, there are other moments when she'll curl up on my lap or still reach for my hand while we're walking when I realize she's still my little girl. 

She has changed in so many ways over the years, but she's also remained the same in all the right ways.  She's as boisterous and carefree as she's always been, but she's also finding her own individuality, likes and interests.  She is still one of the most caring and loving people I have ever known.  When she slows down enough see the world around her she feels such love and compassion for everyone and everything in it.  She brings our family such love and joy and I know we are so very lucky to have her in our lives. 

Memorial Day Parade, May 27, 2013

Happy 8th Birthday Sweet Girl!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Happy...Happy Birthday Loretta. Our sweet girl. I know you had a wonderful day. I mean, how many times does a girl get a parade for her special day. I just wanted to tell you how proud we are of you and how much we love you. I hope this year brings you nothing but happiness and fun and laughter and love and I can't help but wonder if by the time you are nine, if you'll be as tall as your Mom. Love you so much.