double rainbow

double rainbow

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day


John and I are taking the girls out to dinner tonight somewhere close. I'm looking forward to it. We are having so much fun with the girls these days. Caroline is not crawling, but sure gets around and has started saying Dada and MomMomMom. She calls for me when I'm out of site and still gives the tightest longest whole head hugs. Loretta is kicking butt with potty training and only has the ocassional accident. She helped me pick out and wrap all of Daddy's valentine's day gifts.

I think I've decided to postpone my trip to see the Blakes until the June timeframe so I can bring Loretta with me. She's so in love with those boys and Aunt Meaghan. Plus, Loretta and I have very little 1:1 time anymore. Only if I can get Caroline to nap and then it's quiet time. It would be so nice to have some Mommy Daughter time together and with her getting a little older (and just the two of us) the trip itself will seem like a breeze. Baby girl Blake will only be a couple/few months old so I'll still be meeting her in good season.

Weight Loss Update: I don't weigh in for a couple days but I'm thinking this will be a zero loss week. It was bound to happen eventually, but I'm still hoping for a small loss. Last week I did my first Bootcamp workout and it was awesome. I was sore for days and I have it again today. I'm looking forward to it. I've been researching tattoo ideas on the internet. I can't wait to find out where we will be going in Florida (and when) so I can start researching local artists.

John is doing well and has some exciting new initiatives at work. I'm thrilled for him b/c these are projects he's been advocating for quite some time and he's finally getting the powers at be on board.

We setup a babysitting exchange with our neighbors. They are awesome and have a 3 year old girl and a 6 month old son. Loretta loves her friend and they play so well together. So once a month we will watch eachother's kids for an adult night out with our significant other without worrying about babysitting cost. Plus the other great thing is when it's time to put the kids to bed one of us can actually walk across the street and put the kids to sleep in their own beds and just wait for mom and dad's return. The Naps are a lot of fun and we enjoy hanging out with them. Plus it's nice that the kids are so close in age. It's no replacement for the Blake's (who can never be replaced in our heart) but we feel lucky to have them as friends.

Ok, guess that's all for now.

No comments: