double rainbow

double rainbow

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Positive Thinking

So, I've been thinking a lot lately about positive thinking with the help of books like "The Secret" and "A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose" and I'm only about 30 pages in so I have a way to go, but I have to admit I do think there is something to it. Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a self help book type, and maybe it's just a reminder to find the best in any situation (the glass is half full) or maybe it's more (the energy you put out into the universe will come back to you tenfold) but either way, it seems like there is something to it and I like it.

I've been trying to think about the positive outcome of situations. For example, instead of thinking about our debt (evil four letter word that you certainly don't want coming back to you tenfold) I've been thinking about getting more money. Actually imagining as I fall asleep at night money pouring into our life (upcoming bonus, tax refund, merit increases, new promotions, whatever I imagine that has money coming in instead of "debt"). It's kind of fun to imagine what that would mean, vacations in Italy, a cleaning service, etc. etc. So over the last month we made some conscious decisions (like traded in the vw for a lease saving us $250 a month) but some other things have just happened. For example, unexpectedly, we are saving $30 a week because Loretta is turning 2 years 9 months (completely forgot about that) & John got a really good raise. And the biggest surprise of all was John actually suggested that we consider getting a cleaning service with the extra income!

Anyway, I guess I'm just trying to turn my thoughts upside down for awhile. I'm not fat, I'm GETTING healthy and strong and slim. John thinks it's silly, but I'm sticking with it, can't hurt right?

Weight Loss Update: I did not lose any weight last week ;o( ahhhh the positive to that is I didn't gain any weight last week! I am hoping to lose a pound this week though. I know the reasons, I haven't been eating the best (not horrible, but I can do better) and I missed a few workouts due to sick kids and other commitments. But turning over a new leaf. I am tracking to lose 1lb this week and my official weigh in is tomorrow so back on the horse.

Love to all!

No comments: