double rainbow

double rainbow

Friday, February 19, 2010

Little Man

Oh our Little Man. That's what the girls and I call him. Just this morning Loretta was squealing "Good morning Little Man!" and last night Caroline was saying, "Do you want your paci Little Man?". We are all so infatuated with him. Even when he's sick and congested he's just so happy and smiley. Although, he has already grown weary of the camera, you should have heard how hard I had him chuckling before I got the camera out and the jig was up.

It's amazing to me, after Caroline was born I knew that I would be content if we didn't have any more children and I'm sure I would have been. The girls bring us joy beyond measure. But, I didn't have this wonderful sense of completeness that I have now that we have Sammy. I didn't realize it then, but something was missing. We weren't quite whole. I wonder if Sammy will ever understand how much he is loved and cherished. Will he ever know that he is equally integral and essential to our family?

No comments: