double rainbow

double rainbow

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

It's a Family Affair

It's been a fun and busy October and early November.  We've had the usual commitments and goings on like swim and gymnastics, friends birthday parties and homework. 

We were blessed with many gorgeous days which we used to our best advantage by having picnics and trips to the playground.

We went to SC to cheer on Meaghan and Andy for their 1/2 Marathon Triathlon and had an amazing time hanging with our friends after much too long apart. The kids played so well together and Caroline and Izzy were like long lost best friends, Alex was amazing with Sam and Loretta and Devin risked hypothermia jumping great big ocean waves.  It was over way too quickly, but I'm so very glad we went.  I'd missed my friend dearly. 

Loretta completed her very first 5k run at our town loop challenge. She finished 4th in her age group with a time of 39:29, running with John. I pushed Caroline and Sam in the double stroller, so it was a family affair. I think we've begun a new tradition and I figure in another year or two she'll be beating my time. 

There was pumpkin carving and trick-or-treating, cookie baking and zoo visits. I went to Chicago on business and had a wonderful dinner with the Heplers (Katie is expecting a baby boy!). So much to cover that I'll let the pictures do the talking.
 

 























No comments: